The Farnsworth House is located approximately 58 miles southwest of Chicago in Plano, Illinois along the Fox River. Due to increased congestion and construction, allow 2 hours drive time from Chicago to accommodate detours and construction traffic.
Please be advised: due to Covid-19 restrictions put in place by the Governor of Illinois, we can only offer exterior tours until further notice and advanced registration is REQUIRED.
Walk-ins are not permitted at this time. Ticket sales will close at 12pm on day of a scheduled tour and we reserve the right to cancel due to low registration. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times. We wish all of our visitors good health and well-being.
- Regular season runs April-November; see Winter Tours for off-season availability
- Currently offering Mod & Merry exterior tours. Fri – Sun.
- Refer to Tours & Tickets for additional tour information, including date and time availability
- Closed Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Day
- Allow 2 hours drive time from Chicago
- Transportation arrangements should be made in advance
- Backpacks, camera bags, and/or large bags are not allowed inside Farnsworth House or the Barnsworth Gallery
Tickets are required and can be purchased online or by phone at 630.552.0052. The Farnsworth House is located on a 55 acre secured private estate. During most of the year it cannot be seen from the road. The only legal access to the property is through one of the tour options.
Please review our Photography Policy before your visit.
Parking is available at the Visitor Center. Public transportation and other options are also available.