Tickets are required and can be purchased online or by phone. The only legal access to the property is through one of the tour options.
Reservations are strongly encouraged. Tickets may also be purchased at the Visitors’ Center if available. We make no guarantee of access without an advance ticket purchase. Please note that all ticket purchases are final. No refunds or exchanges will be issued.
Tours proceed in all weather conditions at the discretion of our operations staff; we reserve the right to cancel tours due to flooding and other unforeseeable circumstances, even on short notice. In such an event, staff members will contact guests as soon as possible via phone and email.
Please see our Infants and Children Policy.
Guided Tour Cost: $20 (plus $2.50 convenience fee online, $5 convenience fee if ticket is purchased on site if available).
There are two ways to experience the Farnsworth House:
- National Trust for Historic Preservation members use the code: NTHP2019
- One adult for individual members
- Two adults and all children under 18 years of age in the immediate family for all other members
- Landmarks Illinois members use the code: LPCI2019
- Active Military (for themselves) use the code: Military
No refunds will be provided for mis-purchased tickets.
You MUST show your current valid membership or military card upon arrival at the Farnsworth House visitor center or you will be charged the balance due on the ticket.
- Attire: Please wear weather appropriate attire and comfortable walking shoes which you will be asked to remove for the interior part of the tour. Socks are required for interior access.
- Parking: At the Visitors’ Center located at Gate 1.
- Departure: Check-in prior to departure is required. Tours begin at their scheduled time, leaving from the Visitor Center on a stroll along the scenic river path.
- Duration: Approximately 90 minutes. The journey includes a mile of walking (see Accessibility tab if this distance is a concern) and will be conducted rain or shine.
- Photography: Exterior photography is allowed on all tours (no tripods, selfie sticks, stabilizers, or drones). Interior photography permits are available for purchase on all weekday tours or the 3 pm weekend tours only. Our Photography Policy applies to all visitors.
- Personal Items: Backpacks, camera bags, and/or large bags are not allowed on the property. Please leave at home or in your car in the parking lot.
- Pets: Are not permitted on the property.
- Tour Translations: Available on our website in several languages.
Private tours are available and must be scheduled with a staff member of the Farnsworth House. Please call 630.552.0052 for more information.